Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blessings and Funny Things

On Sunday we received a blessing of a new pair of shoes for Jonathan.  Herb and Judy, a couple that was here visiting, asked if Jonathan needed new shoes.  We had met Herb a few months ago when he was here for a few weeks.  They had a pair sneakers that Herb had bought a year ago but that didn't fit him.  They were brand new.  The last time we bought shoes for Jonathan was in Brownsville and we bought his shoes big, knowing he would grow.  Well, if you haven't heard, Jonathan has grown about five to six inches since we arrived.  Guess what, his feet have grown also.  Who would've guessed?  Well, these new shoes are a size 11 and his old shoes were a size 10.  Okay, so that's not so bad right?  Except that his feet go all the way to the end of the new shoes which means he will need new shoes again soon.  We were so blessed by the new shoes.  Jonathan certainly hasn't complained that his old ones didn't fit him.  The Lord knows what we need and I am so glad that he provides.  (Matthew 6:28-34)

I think Jonathan was happy.
Yesterday, we were interrupted for a few minutes while trying to get our school finished. I don't really like interruption in school but this one gave us all a really good, hard laugh.  One of our cats had put his head into a food container that use to have food for the hamster in it.  I didn't have my camera around, so we just laughed and then took the container off his head.  A few minutes later, one of the other cats did the same thing. That time I couldn't resist grabbing my camera and taking a picture and I also got a short video. In the video, the cat following Mandy is the only one smart enought to keep her head out of the jar.  Hope you get a good laugh out of it today. 

3 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing.

Mom of thirteen said...

So, how tall is Jonathan now? Adam is growing like crazy too. I think he is about 5'11 right now. Joe is sad he isn't yet as tall as I am. I keep telling him he will be taller than me soon enough!

Gail said...

Jonathan is now about two inches taller than me. I am about 5'7" so he is about 5'9". It seems that he is growing everyday. He passed me up a short time before Christmas. Oh well, now I will forever look up to him. Fortunately, he knows who's in charge.