Thursday, July 16, 2009

Our Anniversary and the Staff Retreat

Today Jim and I celebrated 26 years of marriage. It was wonderful that it was also the day that the staff at Esperanza Viva was treated to a day retreat. We went and played soccer and we were also able to go swimming. Apparently the last time they did something like this was two years ago. As we are learning, the staff here gives 110% and they were well deserving of this break. We had a wonderful day! Here are a few pictures.

This is a picture of Mount Popocatépetl with another smaller hill in front. I like the church on the small hill.

Playing soccer.


Friends


More soccer.
Jonathan even played for a little while.

Can you tell that the ball was down at the other side of the field for a while?
Eating sandwiches, chips and ice cream at the end of the day.


By the way, I am coming up on three jobs I have accepted through the end of the year. I will be buying the groceries for the groups prior to their arrival, setting up translators for those groups with no Spanish speakers, and I will be helping out with activities which means making sure the groups have everything they need and that they get started and ended on time. I am really looking forward to these and the best part is that I am helping Jim since he does things with the groups also. We love interacting with the groups so this is perfect for me.

1 comments:

Alexis said...

Happy Anniversary!