Saturday, May 09, 2009

We're in Matamoros

After trying to find our way around town a little and follow directions with no street signs, we arrived at Esperanza Viva Matamoros. What a blessing it is. We have had a wonderful evening here. We were going to stay in a hotel tonight but Elias said they were expecting us to stay at the youth home so we agreed. They turned the girls dorm into a hotel for us and the girls are have a slumber party in another building. They blessed us with dinner of chicken tacos, watermelon, and jicama. Erin enjoyed the zip-line they have here and Jonathan got out his light sabers and had matches with the boys.

Erin on the zip-line.


Jonathan playing with light sabers with the boys.


Jim visiting with Elias and the boys.


We had a wonderful evening visiting with Elias and Flora in their home. They run the youth home here but we know them from our first two visits in Puebla. They used to be there, in fact we found out that they lived in the smaller house on the property where we are renting our house. I got some good practice with my Spanish as they do not speak English. I understood a lot more than I thought I would. Now I just need to get more words down so I can respond quicker. I am sure it will come especially when I start tutoring and can practice what I learn right away.

We will keep you updated as we can. Thank you for all or your prayers. We have definitely felt them throughout this whole trip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you made it safe. I had my phone on me all day and missed your call somehow...I knew youd be calling so I had it...I cried when I missed it...not exactly sure why since you're already gone but now I have to miss talking ot you too so call as soon as you can! Love you.

Gail said...

I'm sorry I missed you too. We will be able to talk again once we set up everything. If we could find our phone to plug into the magic jack we would have a phone but who knows where that is in the car. I hope you have a great Mother's Day today. You are a great mommy.

Love you,
Mom