Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Thoughts From the Past Week

I didn't realize that it had been so long since I last updated the blog so I thought I would give an update of the week.

Last week I had the opportunity to go and help one of the supervisors by going over to the the girls home so that she could go with a group of the older girls on a special outing. Erin and I went to play with the girls and it was fun to see them in their house. Usually we only see the girls when they come over to the main area when short term mission teams are here. We were able to eat lunch with them also which was fun. I brought my books with me for the girls to read. They enjoyed them as much as the boys do when I bring them for them to read. Here are few pictures of the girls reading.




Yesterday, we began school. It was a good day and today has been good also. The kids have had really good attitudes about getting their work done. Today we started Biology and we began with creation vs. evolution. They had a hands on project of creating something with clay. In order to make it, they had to create it, they couldn't just throw it in the air and have it become something. They had a lot of fun. Here are a few pictures of their creations.




0 comments: