Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Making Masks and Other Things

Today the team that is here from Michigan made masks with the kids. They could choose from butterflies (las mariposas) or frogs (las ranas). The kids had fun with it.
Kevin made a frog. He seemed to enjoy the project. He then let me take a picture with the mask on his face.

Here's Erin coloring her frog.
Dan & Susan, if you are reading this, the next two pictures are for you. I get better pictures of Angelica because she has made friends with Erin. Maribel is not around me as much.

The girls are not wanting their pictures taken as much so I took Maribel's from a distance. As you can see, she is using her MP3 player that you sent down.
Angelica and Maribel are the two girls that Dan & Susan sponsor. The children at EV are financially taken care of by people sponsoring them with $25.00 per month. We try to have four or five sponsors per child. When you sponsor a child, that child will write to you about four times per year. You can also write to them or send e-mails to them. We sponsored three children for the five years we were involved with EV prior to moving here. You can also visit your sponsored child as we did every year we came down with a team. Almost every team member who comes here on a mission trip falls in love with a child and ends up sponsoring them. It is such a neat thing to be able to see your child in person.

Jonathan was still sick today although he seems to be much better. He did not run a fever at all today so we are hopeful that tomorrow he will be able to go to EV in the afternoon. Although we may go in the morning because I found out today that one of the women is cutting hair. I think I am going to get my hair trimmed. Yea! I would really like my bangs out of my eyes.

We had a great worship time with the group tonight. The staff women also prayed over the group. The whole time was an awesome time. We are so blessed by them being here and I know that they have been blessed also. I love the times of worship here.

I drove for the first time at night tonight. I needed an hour out by myself so I called one of the other women and she and I went to the mall. I bought fabric for our bedroom curtains and then picked up a few things at the grocery store. It was nice to have a little time away.

Well, it is getting late and it is time to call it a night. I will try to post more tomorrow.

1 comments:

Lissa said...

Cute masks! Looks like the kids are having a great time!