Sunday, June 07, 2009

Finally, an Update

Well, it has been quite the ordeal with the Internet here and I have not been able to post a blog in a while. I keep trying to but when I try to publish it, it never works. So, I am hoping it will work this time.

This week has been a good one. Jim completed his second week at the youth home and he has been given more responsibilities. We had our first group last weekend since we arrived. It was a group from Oaxaca, Mexico and we had a great time with them. The next group comes next weekend. It is a group of 13 women from the US. We look forward to having them here.

We have gone over to the home several times this week and the kids have been able to play with the kids there. Jonathan and Erin like going to the youth home during Jim's lunch break and eating lunch with him and the kids there. Then we stay and play for a while. Jonathan made a new friend this week. His name is Kevin. I don't have a picture yet but I will get one on soon.


Here is Jonathan with Manuel.


Jim with Mario. Mario looks for Jim everyday and has become quite fond of Jonathan also.


This week I finished the curtains for the living room and dining room. The only ones that I have left now is one set for Jonathan's room and then I have our bedroom to do which is a big job. Our room has three large windows and three smaller ones that make up a bay window like in Erin's room.
Making curtains.



This are the living room curtains.


Our dining room has a window that looks out to the laundry/storage room. I wanted curtains on the window so when we have company, we can close off that room.


Isn't that better not having to look at our storage shelves?


My tutoring is going well. I have completed one week which is two lessons. I am still amazed at how much I understand. We had Miguel, Bridget and baby Asher over for dinner one night this week. The first half or more of the night was spoken in Spanish and I was also able to interact in Spanish also. I have been told that I am doing well.

Last night I made Pozole, which is a meat and hominy soup that originated in Puebla. We had our neighbor, Amaranda over for dinner. She is a single lady that works at one of the universities here in Puebla. We are trying to reach out to her by becoming friends. We enjoyed her company and shared together about our families. I was quite honored when she said that my Pozole was as good as any she'd eaten here in Puebla.

Tonight, Mary and Marty (other missionaries here) dropped by. We are glad that people feel welcomed to just stop by on their walks. They were out walking their dog and Mary hadn't seen our place since we moved in. They are wonderful people and we enjoy their friendship. We will stop by their place some time when we are walking also.

I hope to be able to post a little more frequently but as you can see with the Internet here, it all depends on the day. Friday we did not have Internet almost all day. Hopefully it won't be as long until my next post.

Thank you to all of you who are praying for us. God is blessing on a daily basis and we are all doing wonderful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice sewing job Mom! Everyone looks good, although I could use a few more pictures! My sister wasn't in those :)

Gail said...

I knew I didn't have any of Erin but I put some on this morning. It is taking a few minutes to get each picture on with the Internet service down here. Yikes! Hopefully it will speed up soon.