Thursday, June 12, 2008

School's Out!

Well, the 2007-2008 school year if officially over for us. We ended last Friday and the kids are so sad.... not! They are already enjoying the freedom of being able to play and not hit the books every morning. I have decided we will continue doing some math throughout the summer so that we don't lose what we learned.

Now it is time to start planning for next year. Next year we are changing curriculum. Erin will be doing a computer schooling and Jonathan will be doing what is called Life Pacs. I prefer Erin's because it makes the lesson plans up for you. I guess that means I only need to write up lesson plans for one. Jonathan will be doing Spanish on the computer though. I have been working through the computer programs for Spanish so that I know what they will be covering. Not only am I doing review by doing this, I am also learning more. I am now into studying my Spanish everyday. It is a commitment I must make to be prepared for next year when we move to Mexico. It's hard but it is also fun.

On Monday we sign papers for the sale of our beach house. It will no longer be ours. It is bitter sweet. We know it is necessary for our future but it is sad to see it go. God will bless though, we are sure of that.

Well, that's all for now. Check back later.

0 comments: