Sunday, June 15, 2008

Car Wash Fundraiser






Our Esperanza Viva short term mission team had our car wash today to raise funds for our mission trip. It was a gorgeous day with the sun shining and the cold water from the hoses actually felt wonderful. For those that don't live in the northwest, sun shining is a combination of words that has not been used much since last summer. We had such a great time and our team washed 60 cars in five hours. By the time 2:00 rolled around, we were all exhausted.

Jonathan and Erin each had a friend with them. The kids were awesome helpers. I don't think we could have done it without them. I made sure to put sun screen on the kids, or so I thought until the end of the day. I put sun screen on everyone but Jonathan. He is quite burned on his face and neck tonight. I felt so bad. Other than that, it was a very successful day.

0 comments: