Monday, June 05, 2006


A Tribute to My Dad

Where have all the years gone? It seems like just yesterday I graduated from high school. Next thing I know, you walked me down the aisle. Then came children and now I am a grandmother. The years have gone by so quickly and yet I am still your little girl.

You have taught me so much over the years. The most important things you have taught me are about our Christian walk. You are an example to me. Your love for our Lord Jesus is so evident in all you do. I thank you for giving me a Christian heritage in which to walk in. I also want to thank you for loving mom the way you do. That is one of your most precious gifts. You set an example that has carried on in your children's marriages.

"The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him." (Solomon - Proverbs 20:7 NKJV) I am truly blessed.

"To be in your children's memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today." (Barbara Johnson) Thank you Dad, for continuing to be in my life even though the miles separate us. You have made efforts that mean so much to me and make those miles seem closer.

Happy Father's Day!

0 comments: