Friday, June 16, 2006

TO TENNESSEE AND BACK AGAIN




On Wednesday of last week, Kristen, Dylan, Brooklyn and I left to drive them back to Tennessee. Yes, I did say drive. There was not an inch of car left to put anything anywhere. After eight months living with us, she had not only accumulated things for herself and Dylan, but she accumulated a baby and all the things that go with having a baby.




We headed out at about 8:30 in the morning. To keep Brooklyn occupied, Kristen would reach back and push the button on the barn where the cow is. The cow plays music and swings back and forth. It would get almost humorous as she did this over and over again. We drove about 750 miles on that first day. I think we rolled into the hotel parking lot at about 10:00 that night. Can you say tired? That was our longest day. The next day we decided to end early and we stayed at a Holiday Inn. Kristen and Dylan went swimming which was a nice change from the cramped car.





So, what do you do when you are really bored on a road trip? What else? Eat your toes. We knew it was time to stop and eat. LOL! So we stopped at a McDonald's. The pictures of this McDonald's are from Wyoming. This one had flat screen plasma TVs, lounge chairs, video games, and saddles for seats in the children's area. Oh did I mention the fireplace? (I can't seem to get the pictures on here so I will have to post them later.)

We arrived in Tennessee on Saturday evening around 5:00. So, we made our 2,300 mile trip in four days with a 19 month old and a 4 month old. It sure amazed me! I had a wonderful time traveling across the country. The views were spectacular. Well, Nebraska is pretty boring but most of the other areas were pretty. That is enough for now. I will write more later and share more pictures of my grandbabies.




0 comments: