Saturday, January 09, 2010

Just Life

It is cold here!  Yesterday the high was 61 and today it is supposed to be only 58.  By 11:00 AM yesterday morning, my teeth were chattering.  You see, we have no heat in our house.  The houses here are just not equiped with them and the walls are all cement so any heat that we gained from the sun the day before, seeps out, and yesterday, there was no sun because it was raining.  Finally, by 1:00 in the afternoon, I had on two pairs of socks, jeans, a long sleeve shirt, a long sleeve pull-over sweater and a long-sleeve zip up sweater.  I also had turned on the oven to do some baking and stood in the kitchen in order to get warm.  Normally, we have heard, that it doesn't rain this time of year but it was raining yesterday and it is rainging again today.  So, it is also damp.  To sleep last night, I had on my two pairs of socks, sweatpants, a t-shirt, a sheet, comforter, and two blankets.  I was still a little chilly so I also put on my bathrobe.  I am just thankful that God has provided things for us to keep us warm and my family is enjoying the baking I'm doing in order to keep things warm too. 

Today Erin and I are going to a baby shower which should be fun.  Jim will be watching two of the other missionary boys so that their mom and sisters can go with us.  Jonathan always enjoys when the boys come over to play.  They all like playing Bionicles. 

That's about all to report for now.  I will post more pictures when I get a chance. 

0 comments: