Saturday, August 30, 2008

Out with the Old, In with the New


For some time now I have tried to find a way to get rid of some of Erin's clothing. She has so many clothes because of friends giving her their old stuff that it is almost impossible to keep her room clean because the clothes just spill out all over the floor. Well, I believe God gave me an answer today. WE had planned a shopping day with one of Erin's friends today. Erin asked if she could get something and I had just thought about what I would say. So my response was, "If you get rid of ten pieces of clothing, I will get you a new piece of clothing." Well, she ended up getting rid of 40 pieces of clothing, and I'm not talking about 20 of the pieces being socks. We filled a tall kitchen garbage bag full of clothes and we brought them with us. We went to Old Navy and to the mall. Erin ended up getting two new pair of jeans, three shirts and one sweatshirt. Far less than what came out of her drawers. Yea! Mom was very happy. And, to be sure that none of the clothes made it back in her dresser, we dropped the bag of old clothes off at the Good Will on our way home. To me, a successful day of getting rid of stuff. The nice thing is that she is growing and needed the new clothes anyway.

0 comments: