Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Latest Color Pencil

     My latest color pencil project is dear to my heart.  When I saw the picture, I thought of children and missions, both of which are dear to me.  When we were in Mexico, we worked at a youth home that takes in street kids.  Some of these kids, when asked what they want to do when they are grown, declared that they wanted to be missionaries.  I love this picture with the children's hands holding the world.  At the top, I have printed Matthew 28:19, "Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations." 
     I have been part of a team, at our church, that is discipling middle school kids.  I love seeing them catching on to their value, identity and purpose in Christ.  I have recently been talking to a seventeen year old who is sensing God calling her to missions.  These kids a ripe for the calling and I am thankful that God is allowing me to be part of this. 

2 comments:

Middleton Family said...

if this were for sale I would so want to buy it! Wow! You are so talented Gail! :)

Gail said...

Thank you, Amy. That's quite a compliment.