Sunday, June 14, 2009

Time for a Change

Today is Sunday and it has not been a normal Sunday for me. Jonathan and I stayed home from church this morning because he is sick. We did good making it a month before anyone got sick. So, I decided to make some changes to our blog. I figured it had been a long time since I updated it's look. Hope you like the changes.

We have a new group here at Esperanza Viva. It is a group of 12 women from Michigan. They have had quite the ordeal getting here. They were due to arrive on Friday night but changes in their flight that they were unaware of caused them to arrive at the guest house at 2:30 this morning. I was amazed when Jim said they were at church this morning. We look forward to working with them and seeing how this all works from the other side. We have led four teams here and been on that side. Now we are on the staff side.

The kids at the home are very good at soccer and kicking a soccer ball around. It is amazing some of the tricks they can do. So, Erin started practicing at home. Who knows, maybe she'll be able to do as good as some of the kids at the youth home soon. Here are some pictures of her.



Nacho is really growing. He has filled out nicely.



I will try to get more pictures on this week. I will bring my camera to the home to take pictures of all the kids. When groups are here, the kids all come over to do crafts. We look forward to this and so do the kids. The missionary kids are allowed to participate in the craft times also. Erin will really like that.

Other than that, things are going pretty good. I will be glad when Jonathan is better and we can get back to a normal life. Please keep us in your prayers, that the rest of us would stay healthy and that Jonathan would be well soon.

0 comments: