Thursday, February 05, 2009

Continuing to Prepare

Time seems to be flying by faster than we can believe. As you can see from our ticker, we have two months and one week left. We did just find out that our dear friend that is going to have us speak for a group of people from her church is going to be able to have us come a little later that last week so you can add a couple days onto the end of that ticker which is good. We now plan on being in Sacramento by Friday the 17th. We may stop a day or two in Shasta on the way down so we will still leave the beginning of that week.

Lately we have been continuing to sort through things and put things into storage. It is a tedious job but it needs to be done. We have also been taking time to visit with friends and family. Relationships at this time are very important since time is short. My mother-in-law and some friends are planning an open house on Sunday, April 5th for anyone who wants to come by and say hi and good-bye. I will give more details on that in the near future.

The other thing I continue to do is study my Spanish. Below is a picture of Elisa Miller, my tutor and myself. She has graciously given of her time and experience to help me and I am making progress. I have been trying to watch some movies in Spanish and I have children's books from the library in Spanish also. Every little bit helps and the more I know before we leave, the better.


Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we continue in these last months of preparation. There is so much work to be done and so little time left.

1 comments:

Mom of thirteen said...

The open house sounds great. Would it be in the afternoon or evening on April 5th, do you know?

We need to schedule another play day for the kids and either a date to have the whole family over for dinner or just us adults go out to dinner before you leave. My Feb. is filling up fast, so let me know about when might work when the guys are off shift in March.

~jerri